The other day I posted a photo of a meal I had prepared and got a requests for the recipe, so I wanted to share it with everyone:
Cook Time: About 20 min
- 1lb – Peeled, Deveined Precooked Shrimp
- 3 Jalapeños Sausage Links
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Summer Yellow Squash
- 1 Mexican Squash
- 1/2 Sweet Onion
- 1/2 bundle of Asparagus
- 1 Red Pepper
- 10 Grape Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Salt /Pepper
- Prep your veggies: Cut up and rinse your Zucchini, Summer Yellow Squash, and Mexican Squash (set to the side). Cut and rinse your Asparagus into 1-in size pieces (set to the side). Cut in half and rinse the Grape Tomoatoes (set to the side). Dice up and rinse the Red Pepper and Onion.
- In a large pan, drizzle the Avocado oil and add the Onion and Red Pepper, sautée for about 5 min, covered.
- Add in the Grape Tomatoes and Asparagus, sautée for another 5 min, covered.
- Slice the Jalapeños Sausage Links, add these into the pan, add the rest of your veggies (all the squash). Sautée for another 5 min, covered.
- Add your shrimp at the end and let everything simmer together covered for about 5-7 min.
- Add your seasonings to taste. If you’d like to make it a little more spicy add, some Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
*If you prefer to do a non-spicy version, just switch out your sausage.
For sides I included white rice.
I hope you enjoy, feel free to comment and let me know how this works for you! You can obviously pick and choose what veggies you include. This is a great meal if you’re doing The Whole 30 diet.